Il était une fois …July 15, 2014
Get the following materials:
- some sheets of pretty and colorful paper;
- a bowl (not to loose the beads);
- some glue (whichever kind);
- and some wooden skewer / kebab sticks.
- Trace lines on your sheets of paper, to form triangles as long and pointy as possible.
- Cut them out and lay them flat on a table.
With a wooden skewer, roll up each triangle of paper, starting from the larger portion of paper ... when you are half-way through each piece of paper, apply some glue to make your bead, stick and hold still.
Voilà! Once you have made as many pretty beads as your little heart desires, you can make jewelery (bracelets, necklaces, earings, etc.)
For toddlers and young children, this is a very fun and productive project to develop their fine motor skills in a safe way (perhaps, just cut the pointy part of the wooden skewers).
I found this project on many other websites, so I don't know who claims the original version, but thank you to whom ever it may be.